Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where do you get a teething baby?

As I told you in my last blog, travel season is nearly over (Monday is my last day out on the road). I have to let those of you coming to campus tomorrow down easy, though, as tonight, after I get home from work I am going to hop back in the car to go be a bridesmaid in yet another wedding--unfortunately, I won't be here to see you. I've been to lots of weddings lately, and I think this is at least wedding number four that I have been in, if not five. Being in weddings makes me nervous. It is such a big day for the bride and groom, and that I have to be part of it puts an incredible amount of pressure on me. Our dresses are fairly long, I'm not the most graceful person, heels are somewhat troublesome, and I have a tendency to be quite clumsy. My falling down the aisle or knocking over a lit candle is one one of my big fears--the whole wedding could be a debacle, just because of my presence.

The other thing about weddings, though, is that I am very frustrated that I never seem to catch the bouquet. Well, that's not entirely true. I did catch it once--at my sister's wedding. And by 'catch' I mean it came and hit me in the face, cutting me across the nose, and I bled. That was a great moment...there are photos to prove it.

The best part about this drive today is that I get to go with a teething baby. I am sure she will be grumpy and slobbering everywhere. I was explaining this to my coworker, Andy, today, and he says: "Okay, so tell me again where you are going." So I tell him. And he says "then you're going where tomorrow?" So I tell him. He continues to look perplexed. "Are you confused?" I ask because it's obvious he's thrown off by something. And he says, "where do you get a teething baby!?" "Actually, Andy, they're on sale at Target!"

The actual story is that my sister who lives east of Des Moines is coming to pick me up with her husband and my niece--the teething baby, on our way west to Nebraska. So, that's where the teething baby comes in--and she's so friggen cute she could chew my finger off and I probably wouldn't care. I've even included proof of her cuteness (and her teething--notice that nice slobber spot on her elbow!). Yes, I know, a-dorable!


Alright, dear readers, I best get some things finished up before the day is done. I will hopefully have some pictures to post when I get back, and I'll let you know if I mess anything up too badly! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Target and the darn teething babies were all gone. I will have to check back next week, but they may not be on sale then:(

Beth - Admissions Counselor said...

Maybe you could give teething baby some fruit loops? I heard you like them?